Friday, June 18, 2010

almost a year

I cannot believe it has been almost a year since Westin had open heart surgery. If you saw him you would never had guessed he had surgery and I am so thankful for that. It was a rough couple of weeks after surgery. He couldn't roll over on his stomach, we couldn't pick him up under his arms, he wouldn't take his medicine (Motron), he stopped sleeping through the night, we couldn't submerge his incestion in the bath just pat it with a wash cloth. But at our last cardio appt in March, he said he may not even need to have surgery again when he is older. His heart is adjusting so well.
That week he was in the hospital was horrible. Roy and I took turns staying with him at night. One room he was in didn't even have a bed, but we had to stay with him so we had to sleep on this tiny couch. And for me to say it was tiny that is pretty bad. It was so sad just seeing him lay on the bed hooked up to everything, but his oxygen levels were 100 and that has never happened! I am so proud at everything he does! And I am so lucky to of had him! He is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment